John Rossman, Author of The Amazon Way
To say that Amazon has enjoyed a tremendous amount of success would be the understatement of the century. But it was no happy accident or cosmic fluke that took Jeff Bezos from boxing books in his garage to running a billion-dollar operation. It was hard work, a lot of failures, and a very specific set of principles.
And today’s guest is giving us a look at what those principles are.
Meet John Rossman; keynote speaker, small business advisor, and former Amazon executive who played a key role in launching and scaling the Amazon marketplace business. In his newest book, The Amazon Way, he takes a look at the 14 leadership principles that Amazon still uses to this day to show how other companies can apply them to achieve great results. Whether you’re a solopreneur or lead a team, these principles can be used in a variety of scenarios to start or scale your operations.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why you should be careful of falling in love with your own ideas - and the importance of inviting others who don’t agree with you to look at your concept; that’s how you learn.
- How innovation will help you navigate this era of “do more with less.”
- How he ended up at Amazon, and what he took away from his time there.
- His thoughts on Web3.
- Why winning the market isn’t just about being better; it’s about having a value proposition that is completely differentiated from everyone else.
- How principles with execution creates culture - and that culture can help you scale.
- How a single sentence made all the difference when it came time to execute the third-party seller platform with Amazon
- …and much more!
“One big winner pays for a thousand concepts that don’t work.” -John Rossman
Connect with John:
His books (The Amazon Way and Think Like Amazon), can be found in paperback, Kindle, and audio.
Substack: The Digital Leader Newsletter
How To Get Involved:
Matthew Meehan and Luigi Rosabianca use their combined experience to provide insight and strategic advice to help small and medium-sized businesses in America have the same opportunities as corporate 500 companies.
If you’re looking for tailor-made solutions to grow your small biz, learn more at www.shieldadvisorygroup.com.
Connect with Matt and Luigi on Instagram:
Visit The Liquid Lunch Project website and subscribe to The Weekly, our Friday morning newsletter, for all the latest in the world of finance, tech, small business, and more.
Make sure you never miss an episode — check out The Liquid Lunch Project on Apple Podcasts, and don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review.